Garden Tea Room Supervisor, Arley Arboretum
Permanent position / Equivalent of £10 per hour / Holiday 28 days a year (including Bank Holidays)
37.5 hours (including weekends, bank holidays & school holidays)
The Arley Estate:
Our prestigious 1,600-acre estate is set in the beautiful Worcestershire countryside at Upper Arley on the banks of the River Severn between Bewdley and Bridgnorth.
Incorporating The Garden Tea Room at stunning Arley Arboretum with its 300 ancient trees and formal walled gardens, the Arley Estate is a natural choice for families.
As Tea Room Supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising operations of food and beverage to deliver an excellent customer experience at Arley Arboretum.
Working alongside Chef your role will include taking orders & payments from customers, making drinks including barrister style coffees, delivering to / clearing down from tables (30 tables / up to 100 covers) and (on chef’s day off) the preparation of food.
During the school holidays your role will be to manage a larger team in these roles (typically up to 10 staff members) when visitor numbers are at their highest. At all times you will remain responsible for:
- Supervising food and beverage operations
- Providing cover for chef’s day off, preparing and delivering our current food options
- Providing for special dietary requirements/preferences of individual customers, where and when necessary
- Communicating and delegating tasks to the team members
- Preparing the 8-week tea room rota, a month in advance
- Assisting in training and development of tea room members
- Maintaining food hygiene & safety standards in the kitchen/serving/customer areas
- Ensuring all equipment is clean and well maintained
- Assisting in stock ordering including review of ordering prior to any days off
- Working alongside the Event’s Team to deliver trails and event days
What are we looking for:
A Tea Room Supervisor is always working on behalf of our customers and working with other team members. We are looking for someone who has;
- Proven cookery and people management experience
- A passion for delivering high levels of customer service
- Previous experience in a tea room/café/restaurant environment
- The ability to work on your own or in a small team
- Previous experience in supervising and delegation
- A positive attitude and someone who loves finding solutions
- Great communication skills
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- An intermediate or level 3 food hygiene certificate or similar award
Regular working days & hours:
Wednesday to Sunday, 9.30am to 5.30pm (Summer hours) or 10.30am to 4.30pm (winter hours).
Our season opens from the beginning of the February half term (Worcestershire school’s holidays) to the last trading day of Christmas. In the closed season, there is an optionto take this 7-week period as an additional unpaid holiday period, if you would like to. Alternatively, you are free to work.
Please forward a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 1st September 2020
Explore Arley Estate
Families will love Arley Arboretum with acres of land and magical trees to run freely between, enjoying magical days out following our unique trails.
For the discerning couple, the exclusivity of Arley House delivers a bespoke venue with on site church and a choice of a further 5 civil ceremony locations to choose from.
From intimate business meetings to private dinners and corporate away days, Arley Estate can deliver at all levels including world class brand launches.
Perfect for dog walks, cycle rides and outdoor pursuits, Arley can be enjoyed at leisure or booked for a corporate day out including live and simulated shoots.